Saturday, May 9, 2009

My life goes on

I haven't blogged in a while. A year, actually. A lot has happened in that year, but that's not really what I want to talk about here. The word vibrant describes my past 8 months rather well, and it's my hope for the coming months also.

I decided to start blogging again for a number of reasons. I have time. I remembered that I like it. (Remembering that you like something can actually be quite hard work and take a long time.) It's like a journal, only more fun and more public. But actually, I'm doing this for myself. I'm glad if this can be a way for people to stay connected to me, or just something interesting to read. But it's mainly for me. A year ago I would have had a hard time saying that. A lot has changed.

I'm trying to take care of myself now. And I think this could be a way to do it in a more mindful pattern. I wrote an email to a friend today, and it ended up being just my stream of thought. Which was very helpful for me, and hopefully for her too. I've discovered that crazy things can happen when you let go.

Okay, so it's late at night/early in the morning, and I feel like my thought processes aren't the sharpest. But I felt like it was important to start this now. Yay for new beginnings.


This is what I mean about my life being vibrant. My friends and I stole these tulips from the City of Kitchener and Bell last night. I don't mean that petty theft is vibrant (although it certainly could add excitement to your life). Springtime is. Biking at night is. Flowers are. Friends are.

No comments:

Post a Comment